Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dresses for Less!

Starting with Halloween tomorrow, the "holiday party season" officially begins. Plenty of girls (myself included) will resort to the classic LBD (Little Black Dress) for the majority of holiday events they plan to attend. After all, the LBD nevers go out of style, is flattering on everyone, and can be dressed up or down depending on how you accessorize. This year is the season to try a color besides black or perhaps even to be daring enough to try a pattern. I'm not suggesting that anyone head over to BCBG for a $350 holiday dress to wear only once. I've found reasonably priced dresses, all on sale, that can be worn to a variety of holiday functions.
Just because none of the dresses are solid black does not make them too wild or bold for the average midwestern girl. So whether you have been invited to a winter wedding, or a Thanksgiving Eve bash, a Red Dress Gala, or any other fun holiday party event, try something besides the black dress. It's worth it!


Nordstrom:$63.90 Victoria's Secret: $69.99 Ann Taylor:$79.99 Dillards: $140

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love black, but hooray for some color! Jewel tones are perfect for holiday/seasonal fetes, and are so flattering. Gives my winter skin a bit of a glow (or maybe that is just what I tell myself)

Elizabeth said...

Great!! Love those dresses!! I have wonderful collection of dresses!!