Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ann Arbor Art Fair

Tomorrow is the first day of the Ann Arbor Art Fair 2012.

Since I have lived in this town mostly my entire life, I tend to skip the Art Fair every year, to avoid the traffic and crowds.

This year, however, I will be attending, with a mission in mind: Buy a pair of Birkenstocks.  I know what you're thinking now:

"Birkenstocks? I thought this was a fashion blog!"

Or, perhaps you're thinking:

"Sandals?  I thought you were going to the ART Fair!"

Well, yes, I am in need of a pair of Birkenstocks, and Fourth Avenue Birkenstock will be having an Art Fair sale.  (In addition to many other favorite downtown clothing stores, such as American Apparel and Urban Outfitters).
I am purchasing Birkenstocks due to the comfort, arch support, and durability.  And I don't mind the look either.  Maybe I should be changing the name of my blog from Michigan Fashionista to Michigan Comfortista... or something like that.
sandals: $79.99 zappos.com



I will need to dress comfortably to handle the 95 degree temperature (yes, in Michigan), the several mile walk from my house, and the masses of people.

This little dress from Target has that perfect "tie-dyed-ish, summery, free flowing" look for downtown Ann Arbor in the summer.
Dress: Target: $29.99
   

Hope to see you down there, checking out the art, or possibly checking out the sales!