Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Look for Less: Colored Denim

Colored denim has been popping up everywhere.  I love the trend, but I haven't yet invested the money to buy any for myself yet.

So today I thought I'd find some colored jeans that aren't going to break the bank, for those of us yet to try the look.

1.) Bright Blue

A girlfriend wore bright blue denim on a girls' night out last spring.  She looked hot, and ever since then it has been my favorite shade for colored jeans:

Colored Jeans: Bleulab at Saks for $194


Colored jeans: American Eagle for $39.99
Kim K. rocking colored jeans at the airport
Picture from USMagazine
2.) Cheery Yellow:

Another cute color that would work either in summer or fall is yellow:

Jeans: Citizens of Humanity at Shopbop for $132.30



Jeans: Pacific Sunwear for $49.50
My thoughts: A good way to ease into this look is to pair it with neutral colors.
A floral top with colored jeans may look pretty on the model, but it can be a bit much for the average girl.
A classic black, white, tan, or gray tee would look great with any of the jeans above.

Have a colorful day!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I just got a pair of bright blue pants and can't wait to wear them!!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

great post idea - to be honest this past summer I took the plunge & got a pair of pink skinnies...to be honest I wish i didn't. i mean i like them but ive worn them like twice. but the blueones are adorable, love the color! xo Kelly